Jump to content

WickedCybs

Administrators
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WickedCybs

  1. The base ability does do damage when flung into a wall, but I can't say or not whether you tried to do that, specifically. In the end getting hit by a tile also does a flinging effect so that can be hard to notice. In any case, I do not really buy the "mitigation" thing when you could plainly observe what the results were, it would be like "mitigating" a .45 pistol by using a 9mm. Still lethal and highly dangerous. I'm not really sure how you can believe it was mitigative at all when standard thrown tiles/steel don't even hurt that much, as you said. The extra force added by TK completely eviscerates people. You saw this in my case, and Rosa Alice. You heard as much afterward when I died. Either way, it was poor. Second thing, sure. That's fair when it comes to your intentions if you're speaking true. The rest though, was hardly easy and was more desperate, only saved by the pair that went into the office being lucky enough to land enough strikes to paincrit you before dying. Afterward, sec was basically screwed either way if you decided to continue to kill people. Third, that specific moment would likely be considered fine escalation yes. It is sec's role in the end to get shot and perhaps killed in any first strike as they generally don't engage first. It was pretty much the only form of escalation I saw after Rosa Alice was crippled though. You killed me that way, you ultimately killed another officer that way. It's seriously disheartening when the escalation is only signing someones death sentence, and that was all you could do with the extremely powerful tools in the end. The dead officer felt pretty bummed about it, I wasn't really upset but it was certainly pretty head tilting even if it wasn't intentional. From what I have noticed from your antag play, when you have a strong tool you tend to go heavy on its use. Like vamp dominating people into attempting to kill each other constantly in a round. There's always different gimmicks and yes, I've seen you not kill people before as an antag, but I've also seen it done rather liberally. That's really all I can say on the matter without going further into irrelevance.
  2. Just feedback I also posted on the discord. Like how things are so far, dynamic particularly works well for antags like Loner as they can be thrown into something like wizard without upsetting the balance of the round badly.
  3. That is not really my thought in the least and there was no accusation Read wasn't "investigated" due to their position as a staff member, I'm well aware staff can be and are investigated if they do something troublesome. I addressed part of this in the "Did you ahelp or not, section." with my reasoning why. Didn't do an ahelp right out of the gate when I was killed due to multiple factors. Read pretty much said they didn't really expect TK to be that powerful, in dchat they apologized and I wasn't really that broken up over dying, just surprised they were given masterclass level psionics. I made a note at that point to discuss max level psionics after the round ended. When another person was killed by the power again 10-20 minutes after, that was when I began to reconsider my initial thoughts. I don't dislike Read and I wanted to think it was a one-off incident. I do have a belief that in the end, it is easier for staff on various SS13 servers to get by without warnings an average player would certainly receive. Hence my language regarding that matter, if it was confusing. The use of it was not continual, however. In any case, I had a slight feeling that nobody on Aurora was really used to max level psionics. This was originally just going to be a policy suggestion. I'm very intimate with how the more abuseable psionic abilities are and pretty much instantly realized this was another case of another masterclass telekinetic. I can't really believe that when you saw how powerful the abilities were and continually used them, then bragged about it ICly. It is not much of a stretch to see how powerful your abilities were, and you were told as much in dchat how powerful they were. You kept attacking to the point of overkill. One hit broke the HoS's face and gave them an arterial, and you kept going to the point where the officers on scene ran in and baton rushed you to get it to stop. The antag play from what I saw, consisted of trying escape the brig via consular, and attacking anyone trying to talk to you as they were speaking. There wasn't anything more than "I'm an agent from the PRA." and being attacked by psionics mid sentence, as happened in part of the combat log I posted above. I have watched your antag play before and I can't say trying not to kill is what I've seen before. But that is neither here nor there for the purpose of the complaint. Do not need to apologize.
  4. BYOND Key: WickedCybs Game ID: caf-dodd Player Byond Key/Character name: ReadThisNamePlz Staff involved: Read, they were the loner. Reason for complaint: Poor antag play on a dynamic round. The station was contending with a myriad of threats, involving a blob that spawned in the captains office, though the reason for this complaint comes from a Loner that was spawned in the round, Anilita Shakira. Supposed PRA agent arrived to pursue some mysterious ends. I was an officer for part of this round (Liliya Radic.) Most of this really regards their actions and use of their psionic ability. According to Read, they spent TC's and ahelped for a further increase in psionic ability, forget the name of the faculty but it is the one regarding telekinesis. This would allow them to throw around people, heavier objects, stuff like that. Believe it also adds more force to these actions. Early in the round I witnessed them test the ability on a floor tile which they flinged at Rosa Alice. It critically wounded that person and they were in a medical OR for a very long time, perhaps even nearing an hour considering they were still there when I died. The use of floor tiles was pretty much consistent throughout the round. Security was ordered to detain them. Me and Tau'ha'nor were the only officers carrying this out. We encountered the Loner on the bridge, went to intercept after they walked away from us. The extent of my interactions there involved telling the Loner we'd need to take them in of course, then the Loner prying off floor tiles in a radius around them, throwing them at me and finishing me off with a series of wall slams that left me in a further critical state and pretty much certain death. That tactic annihilates internal organs, causes arterials and breaks bones in just one to two uses. Max level psionics, for ya. I died quick even with CPR being applied by a helpful person. Read was apologetic, and I was willing to believe that they really didn't expect that nor wanted it to happen, not like psionics are used much, max level too. But then they flung floor tiles at other people again. In the midst of another dialogue. It killed another player (Azza Nazkiin, believe the ckey is Electric something) who didn't expect being taken out of the round so quickly in the aftermath. Just two hits, a limb broken and an arterial. Dead already even if they didn't know it just yet. Practically anyone not in the sidelines for that got severely wounded. And Read's character knew this, exclaiming that she mortally wounded everyone involved and that they were going to die promptly. Azza indeed, died promptly. Amal was rushed to medical in time but it wasn't looking good considering how many times a tile impacted their skull. Tau'ha'nor survived. My main thought regarding all of this, is that a loner shouldn't have been given such power that goes beyond the scope of their role. They don't get the final levels of psionic power for a reason. Additionally, the powers shouldn't have been continued to be abused throughout the course of the round. It was powergaming and poor antag play. A player would have been heavily scrutinized for this so it wouldn't really be fair for me to let this go just because I like Read and they apologized. I can't buy the statement that they didn't know this would happen either, not after it was knowingly done again a second time. This is a good example of how strong it is. I started tuning things out past a certain point, though a few ghosts told me they were watching the round and may have things to add. Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, I didn't. I likely should have, but I figured the first incident in the round would have been the end of using TK to pretty much instakill people, but it happened again later in the round and I spent the rest of it considering the implications and whether or not any standard player would have been noted for it already. They would have, I believe. By the time I settled on my choice, round was basically over, Read cryoed and past parts of the log were already getting eaten by BYOND. So, I made the complaint to at least have this on the record and hopefully to stop any future occurrences of max level psionics being handed out lightly. Approximate Date/Time: Saturday, January 23, 2021. 3:30 MST is a ballpark As a note, I was advised to do this a player complaint. Was a bit unsure how it works if I was complainting the play of a staff member.
  5. Been thinking and kicking the idea around for a while really. It was honestly just recently mercs got a better stocked medical bay with essential chemicals and such, they used to only really get get medical kits and nothing else. What antags really need is a way to treat their ailments without having to go to the station's medical. A trek back to their ships doesn't tend to end well if they are off-station, tends to need a unified force to survive such a journey. Easy to think of what could be there too. Arterial fixers, bone fixers. Stuff like that. Maybe some disposable portable auto-doc? Even being able to do a blood transfusion easier would be better than nothing, since you need either a roller bed or an IV stand at the moment for a standard transfusion, and many don't know about roller bed IV's which is unfortunate for such a useful mechanic. The main round ender in brainmed for antags is almost always going to be a lack of blood. Sec mainly has weaponry that evaporates it.
  6. Can count on my hands the amount of times a lack of comms proved engaging, so I do agree with this. Telecomms sabotage just ends up being annoying and accomplishes little other than the station and its antags becoming far more willing to just straight up bulldoze through each other to get it over with faster. The things with protection? Tend to have less of an effect on the round. In the vast majority of cases if a supermatter crystal explodes in the engine room, engineering is a million miles away from anything important and the biggest consequence on everyone else is hallucinations for being on the same level. Even if it doesn't explode, it's extremely easy to save and it blares out warnings in a gradual process. A teslaloose will almost always fizzle out, luck has to be in its favour to not get captured by a beacon or just running out of things to give it energy after it moves up a z level into space. A fire or explosion in atmospherics? The fire won't really affect the pipenet, so the rest of the station isn't in danger. An explosion? Filling rooms probably won't be possible anymore until rectified. An extra safety measure is each gas tank being surrounded by void, so it won't leak out into the main compartment. Atmospherics is fairly basic and mobs use very little oxygen and output very little waste gasses. Obviously, ICly an SM explosion and such is worse. It's just more bearable to deal with that then it is to deal with another long trek up to telecomms. Back when the roof zlevel still existed, I would see engineers simply break in from the telecomms lounge to bypass the multiple arrays of turrets, saved time and the round.
  7. It's a good suggestion. Always thought medical should always have its own oxygen supply easily available for patients
  8. Storytellers and such are a concept I've always loved, one of the main things I've enjoyed on a server like Eris. Will be interested in seeing how this works out.
  9. Not really, there was banter at the freelancer base on whether or not to consider offers from the mercenaries at all, and the lead figured he would "recognize" them to add in a rub, like a rivalry. None of us set out at the start to join either side right away, logs would be able to see the conversations. Don't need to pretend they were known corporate mercenaries like EPMCs, freelancers work for themselves. Slipping away into the Coalition, Wildlands or wherever else would have been very possible. To say it isn't is in the same league as when crew yell at any antag that survives without being killed by security that "NT will hunt you down!". Additionally, there's a reason freelancers specifically get an option to not do what the crew wants them to do. If that's a factor which is disliked, it'd be best to actually make a suggestion about it being changed. This much is true, the mercs also joined in on this after the lead misfired. The ones that shot at us without complaint, yes. If we really wanted a TDM-fest, think we would have shot the medical staff trying to head to the bridge or wandering medical for supplies during the evac. This was addressed in the first thing, but again, it's flimsy to lean on this. You were dealing with freelancers who are paid to shoot people, not TCFL willing to die in droves for a phoron company. Even if it wasn't my personal choice, the lead's decision was valid when it came to the options a freelancer team had. I get that it's upsetting, but that's how it is. In any case, I sympathize with command's state, but even I kind of felt like they were taking their sweet time once the mercs stopped sieging the bridge and entered negotiations with the ERT. There was time to leave the bridge, go to the vault, whatever during then. Then the merc lead dropped their money first, with the promise for more. Fact that the HoS walked towards the clump of mercs and ERT from the western hall rather than the direction from the north, where the vault was made me think there really was no urgency in putting together anything, that or it was all designated to the HoS at the last moment.
  10. I was part of the ERT, but not the lead. I'd say you should have really spoken up if you saw that as an issue, whether ICly or in the AOOC (we can see that, but can't comment). I myself was pushing the team to consider station offers more. None of you except Voidwalker really talked to us though. For those points, less money wasn't really a factor, your lead said themselves it was 50k on top of what was in command which would have been a far higher payout than what the station could give either way. There's no reason to comment on the fact that five briefcases of credits came into thin air, money is money. All I heard about the phoron thing was that a researcher was offering it, but that's still really not a huge factor. In the end, barring the incident where the freelancer lead accidentally shot the HoS as they misconfigured the aim function, which led to everyone both merc and freelancer shooting them. We followed the lead of the mercenaries ultimately. The ERT wasn't causing new engagements as that would defeat the point of following the lead of a client. With that said. I think siding with the crew would've been the best option for the round but I can't really fault anyone for actually acting as a freelancer should be doing and chasing the higher payout if they feel that'd be advantageous. There's always common misconceptions regarding them. I've seen people thinking NT already pays for them before they already arrive, or afterward. They don't. It's up to the station to pay the freelancers, and freelancers are outright told this in their instructions. Would say to make a suggestion to have them already paid by NT, if it is upsetting to have this quirk of the ERT actually put into play. I get the upset, but nobody was looking for "frags" in particular. That's a bit of a gamey point of view.
  11. So, we've all done it, probably. Got a patient who tangoed with slimes, significant genetic damage. Into the cell they go! Now you wait for a few minutes, take them out, scan, put them back in because of course they still have genetic damage left. It'd be easier if the cell itself just told you what the genetic damage level was at right? It'd be a nice QOL change to stop the back and forth and also help the patient on the other end not get their hopes dashed when they need to be put in the tube again. Maybe if we wanted to go the extra mile it could give a more detailed health readout, though mainly genetic damage would be useful.
  12. Mainly curious on what peoples thoughts on this would be. I might have screwed something up but it seems like you can't cut nitrile/latex to fit xeno hands anymore and so now there is a bit of an issue when playing something like CSI as an Unathi or Tajara as unless you beg medical for spares (if those aren't gone) you're out of luck, the box in the autopsy lab is useless to you. I know you can wash your hands every step and such, but really. I think PPE like the gloves should either be universal for general ease or perhaps, xeno variants could be added to more locations, like the CSI locker and the research lockers.
  13. Used to do a lot of Medic + Doctor on CM and it was really useful there, little to say other than it should help organization here nicely if people got in the habit of using it. Time is always important so even reducing that time when a surgeon has to pick out which Zavod goon is the most critical out of them all would reduce annoyances quite a bit.
  14. I would say that with the nerfs, the fire rate is probably fine with being increased since it is no longer essentially a better carbine that can be holstered. The main point of contention is probably going to be the lack of firing through windows. Unsure what my thoughts on this are at the moment but I'm leaning with it likely being a good mechanic to return considering the disruptors do less damage now.
  15. Would be a very good addition for the sake of stopping the comas blood loss tends to inflict on antags.
  16. No need to apologize really, I don't expect people to be active always. Appreciated.
  17. CMO as a role makes it really hard to notice good aspects of command play, they tend to be more occupied with their department than the station at large, however Faye seems to run their department rather well in normal operations. Haven't really been watching them during rounds with a major crisis much (but rounds these days are rarely actiony tbh) beyond an incident where there was only them and a pharmacist during a situation with a lot of wounded people. They seemed to properly delegate, even recruited and led willing crew that wished to help medical due to their lack of numbers. The round ended favourably for the crew, likely due to their actions to a large extent as command was not very filled that round. This is all that comes to mind for now, been taking a sort of break lately.
  18. They are capable enough at being in command I would say. Since a bit past the Sol Invasion arc, one of my CE characters has been giving them some IC pointers on being a member of Command, and I have spoken a bit with the player OOCly about things the Command whitelist entails. There is an obvious interest in the role, they're willing to learn and they do their due diligence, getting a trial will be nice so they don't have go through the constant processes of interim elevation. So, on an OOC front, would say they are polite enough. Haven't had issues with them, mainly talk regarding engineering usually. ICly, Valet is fine as a character, as I said before they were more than willing to try things out, put themselves out there. Willing to instruct and teach other members of the department. Would say that I could typically trust them to run Engineering in my absence, as I frequently ended up becoming Acting Captain fodder. They're not "perfect" or a super engineer who can do everything as well, which is nice to see. Think I'll get a better picture of how they are in Command once they trial because really, Interims aren't getting the full package so to speak. No reason not to give them a shot, in my opinion.
  19. Regarding the above, now that glass containers (what was usually sent through those) shatter rather easy there's kind of no point for those chutes except in niche circumstances. Other than that, one of the chutes leads to the old quarantine in the sublevel, which is never used of course. So at the very least, that chute could be removed without issue.
  20. I like what's written here, the addition of the holidays and other aspects people can use meaningfully IC. Suppose my main question is if you have anything more in mind for Tajara outside the species main spheres of influence (Adhomai, Hro'zamal, Gakal'zaal). How the gangs celebrate the holidays was pretty cool in Tau Ceti. Ever have any thoughts of interesting things that could be added to Tajara in the Coalition of Colonies and such?
  21. Based on a recent cult round, you seem to be capable enough as a HoP. Was good of you to delegate, trying to find an interim for sec and such. The main thing I can think of when it comes to improvement, is that It's fine to give the crew more information about an incident beyond "Sec is dealing with something." if its not too sensitive. Elaborating more is an appreciated action and tends to placate the crew if they start getting upset about not knowing much.
  22. OOCly, Faye is fun to speak with. Very knowledgeable. Friendly. They conduct themselves very well. ICly, their characters are very enjoyable to roleplay with. I've only really interacted with Sanaa. Really gotta say that when it came to new medical players, they were quite the breath of fresh air in a department that has kind of suffered from elitism and a tendency to push away the non-established, among other things. They did their part well when it came to making things friendlier and fun, especially for newcomers to medical. Command will probably take a bit of getting used to but I'm sure they'll be able to use it to good effect.
  23. Cannot even emphasis how major this would be. CPR is too important in brainmed to not do if you want patients to live, but the cost of this is giving people playing medical early onset arthritis with how many times it needs to be spammed.
  24. For the Tajara off of Adhomai thing In the NBT, we're surely going to be going around the spur as well, populated areas even that are mentioned on the wiki because what good is describing a cool place if we cannot visit it? I feel like its missing the mark here to just elaborate on long dead civilizations and how this relates to Tajara, every species will be dealing with that essentially. Interesting stuff sure, but not what I'm looking for when it comes to things workable in game. I would be more interested in any statements regarding the off-world communities Tajara have. Not specifically from their own planets, like Hro'zamal or Gakal'zaal but things more along the lines of their lives in places like Tau Ceti, where we have District 6 being the most developed example. The NBT ship is definitely going to give us a chance at having characters that have lived in a far wider variety of places rather than mostly Tau Ceti residents. So, how are things for the Tajara out in the Frontier for example? I would think a good amount of Tajara could have lived, worked and been born there though more than a few players get surprised when one character of mine mentions being a citizen of it. The Coalition has areas I feel that are just as appealing as Tau Ceti to prospective immigrants, like Xanu Prime. There's a few words about what Tajara get up to everywhere, some linger in Eridani, live there as mercenaries (perhaps not anymore). Some race autogryos in Crosk. There is the community on Himeo though that will probably get changed. Many lived on Mars. So the big thing to me, is elaborating on these various backgrounds elsewhere, strengthening them. Living on Adhomai is naturally, the strongest and most obvious choice for a background. Probably always will. I like the variety the rest of the Spur brings too and it can certainly be used to the advantage of the species. I am curious if this is something you have any thoughts or ideas on.
  25. Hyperzine appears too effective at killing its user at the moment. Due to the nature of instantly causing an OD with the addition of adrenaline, I've noted antagonists and crew in general typically dying rapidly. Whether that's after generating a bit of adrenaline from pain or some other circumstance, It's a real, unexpected round ender. This might be what you guys are going for, I do like the chem being and feeling as "dangerous" as its made out to be. Just feels a bit less worthwhile to use in comparison to something like synap. The wiki should probably get a mention of the organ damage it inflicts. Maybe the needed amount of adrenaline for forced OD should could be about ten units?
×
×
  • Create New...