-
Posts
557 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by WickedCybs
-
Faye - Moderator Application
WickedCybs replied to Faye <3's topic in Moderator Applications Archives
ICly you're solid of course. Not much to say on that front so I'll be sticking to what I think matters on the OOC front, but there is some interconnectedness with it. Being a moderator means having a lot more areas you might be paying attention to. More areas that can cause a temper to flare, which like you said, you have a bit of. On top of IC interactions you could potentially be dealing with dead chat and its peanut gallery, LOOC and its peanut gallery, tickets, AOOC, discord, the forum and more. It stacks up. If that festers, nobody is in for a good time. This area is my main concern for this application because I believe things can really get to you personally in a way that shows on places like the relay OOC. So, it is hard for me to think it’d be right for you. We are totally allowed to be frustrated and stuff as staff. Happens to me and I like to be public about stuff. Nonetheless, that’s the main sticking point I can think of here. -
Not like we ever talked much, but you seemed cool to me. Hope stuff continues going well for you.
-
Appeal accepted then.
-
Yes. That said, if you think it is going to take more than twenty or so minutes and you're in a role with limited job slots you should try to cryo yourself unless whatever needs your attention requires you to leave on the spot.
-
Four months is not that long. I factored in more than just the bans and this seems to be a pretty consistent issue. I also gave you quite a while to come back and cryo if needed before deciding on whether to take action. I do also get that stuff happens and sometimes you just can't come back. In these cases the least you can do is at least send in a ticket or DM somebody after the fact so we know and possibly cryo you if that's not possible for you to do yourself. Little to go off of otherwise, other than your prior history. So. If you'd like this ban lifted early I need an assurance you're going to be better about communicating your absences to us.
-
Good riddance. Now I assume direct control.
-
Was kind of a shock at first but honestly, Zavod engineering makes a lot more sense than its security and now vestigal medical sector. They already have a strong background for it, just needs more of a spotlight on it now which I trust lore will give us Heph exclusive cargo though. I'm not a fan of Heph's aesthetic and background in general. It'll be a wait and see probably but hard to think of the IC reasons for certain char concepts to even join up with them. One other Megacorp so they're not the only option would be nice to me. Maybe Idris which I think could be flavoured to have that unseen side of warehouse workers moving products and such. They'd have a different corporate culture from Heph as well.
-
Show medically relevant emotes overhead with floating text
WickedCybs replied to Sheeplets's topic in Archive
It'd be nice, think my only concern is if it became spammy and started covering other stuff due to that. They can happen vey rapidly after all. -
Character/Player Complaint - Peppermint/Lgn. Valeria
WickedCybs replied to WickedCybs's topic in Complaints Boards Archive
All of these notes are irrelevant and the context has already been provided. The whole start of the engagement was already handled in a different ticket that was resolved. I stated that in the main post itself, so I'm not sure why you typed out this response if you did read the posts on this thread or watched the video. With all that said, I don't appreciate any of your assumptions either. To further clarify what has already been said. I made this complaint due to the targeted execution which occurred. It happened after the end of the video was posted, if that confused you. -
Character/Player Complaint - Peppermint/Lgn. Valeria
WickedCybs replied to WickedCybs's topic in Complaints Boards Archive
I don't really blame you guys for ending up trying to get the drop on us due to command, but yes it was surprising. I thought the gimmick was great, and I expected things would continue going down the roleplay route. It was lame to not have any dialogue exchanged. The main issue here to me is the execution. I really find it hard to believe that in the end. You "backing off" was backtracking while still shooting the rifle. I'm calling you a liar, because you outright said I fell down, stood back up and opened fire on you. Then you specifically ran up, dragged me back and ensured I'd die after that was done and over. The video shows I never collapsed when you said I did. I never "continued to get up and start shooting anyway". This is why I'm particularly irritated you would try to paint it as something like that. Even if someone is certain to be dead, that doesn't really justify an execution. I kind of expected more, there. Trying to guarantee something like that is very poor, and this isn't even the fist time I've seen it happen. The aim intent thing just surprised me like I said before, because I didn't really notice it. I was focused on the mercs piling in and took a step back. And we can see you continued shooting. The logs already show you focusing on me for those moments instead of the rest of security. So the first part of this statement didn't happen, you just finished me off. I do find it hard to believe you'd think anyone is really getting back up from getting unloaded on from a full merc team like that. Security finishing off disabled people on the ground has never really been an okay thing unless the circumstances are extraordinary. I am fine with this. People treated the death pretty cool. Not happy with the execution though. You can still see me getting shot in that so I'm not really sure what to say here. In fact, we can see you moving down and popping more shots off with your rifle purposefully. A lot of the fire was diverted, but I was still getting hit. Late edit due to this quote being changed after my response was posted?: At least two confirmed hits could be seen by the blood effect on my character after the drop, not even checking the log. Shot from you, one from another. Calling it a poor angle is rather generous there, as it seems pretty clearcut it was just an intentional attack. I'm aware of how the angles work. From that position it would have struck a window or the vending machine if he was aiming at the other officer. I acknowledged I did drop my gun after posting that video, which is seen in the main body of my post. I was in fact shot until I went down, then almost immediately executed, which we can see is about to happen by the end of the video. To me, it seems you just doubled down instead of acknowledging your mistakes. I would have been happy with an apology or something instead of needing to push it to a complaint. -
Character/Player Complaint - Peppermint/Lgn. Valeria
WickedCybs replied to WickedCybs's topic in Complaints Boards Archive
Didn't realize I could upload this. gaming.mp4 -
Character/Player Complaint - Peppermint/Lgn. Valeria
WickedCybs replied to WickedCybs's topic in Complaints Boards Archive
I was given a video by someone who also participated in that. I was the only non-human officer in this engagement. I had a link here, but posted it further down because I forgot you can add attachements. It seems the sequence of events was, painshock dropped the gun yes. it seems obvious there was no real attempt to feign surrender here though, and they kept shooting me. I did not "Jump back up and open fire.", I remained standing. They also kept shooting even before that, so it's not as if they were surprised by the gun being picked back up. It can be seen they're still firing their rifles the entire time. -
BYOND Key: WickedCybs Game ID: cdn-dqYc Player Byond Key/Character name: Peppermint/Lgn. Valeria Staff involved: Alberyk Reason for complaint: It was a merc round. TCFL deserters wanting to get phoron in exchange for not bombing the station. One thing led to another and they ended up flanking security in engineering. The leader had an issue with the aim intent, which led to my character getting shot by mistake. The other mercs joined in and all hell broke loose, which was understandable at that point. So, ended up getting hit by a combo of ballistics and lasers. This went on for a good while, I never had a gun out and I just stood there taking the shots before it finally processed they were going to kill me now. I used the laser rifle I had on my armour to return fire well after they shot me and were continuing to shoot me, and got out three or four before going down. Lgn. Valeria then pulled my character away and ensured to execute them with some laser weapon, apparently in retaliation for a false surrender and getting "back up again". It's been said I dropped the gun for some reason and was downed, though I didn't drop the gun at all, it was on my armour. I was also certain I did not go down in front of that person. They were all spaced at least three or four tiles away from me as well. I just stood still processing the confusion. The rifle was on my character's plate carrier. They did not really signal anything nor did they say get to down. Since they were also with the others still actively trying to kill me while I was there standing, doing nothing, my thought just turned to trying to do what I could before the grace period of pain ended. So I checked if I could hold the rifle, and I could. I wielded it and fired downwards from my character. It ended up striking them at least a few times. Went down fairly quick then and never got back up. The justification for outright trying to remove me from the round seems very flimsy and either based on a lie or misconception. It is something that really would have been just as upsetting if the positions were reversed and it was security executing mercs that were fired on fired on first. I don't really expect anyone to rest and die in a situation like that. It's pretty poor behaviour all around. EDIT: Just adding this in because I don't want to edit the main thing after the fact. It seems like I did attempt to draw the rifle after getting shot initially, it dropped due to the hand spasms you get from being shot, then I picked it up again, but at no point was I downed. Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? Yes. It was being worked out, but the round delayed for far too long so it had to be cut short. The leader was already talked to regarding the start of the hostilities. I was likely dead either way, but I did not really want to let what happened next happen again to someone else. Approximate Date/Time: August 5th, maybe 5:30pm MST.
-
Omicega -- Tajara Application
WickedCybs replied to Omicega's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
Touches on everything I'd expect an app to look at and shows they did dive a bit deeper I think considering the references to things like the DPRA's sponsership program. -
You are focusing far too much on another character the reader knows nothing about, which is to your detriment here. We know Skaszk was weak, brash and looked up to his older brother. So much so that he figured leaving was the best option when he came back. Why? Add the details there. As it stands the reasoning given could be given for a lot of other species, there's not a lot uniquely Unathi in the backstory other than the names and locations. More background on the clan would also be good, touching on religion and the spiritual plus some info on where they stand exactly and how the contact war influenced them, particularly some notes about the spiritual at least because that's really important to Unathi in general. It would be good to see if you have any knowledge on it.
-
make all zeng hu augments besides the faceplate not company specific
WickedCybs replied to Lmwevil's topic in Archive
Nothing about the current roster of Zeng-Hu augments strikes me as particularly "insane" here nor do they seem to be causing issues or having people flock to Zeng-Hu in droves for the "advantages". Yeah, they can zoom out and use their eyes as flashlights. Unathi can get telescoping eye augments too and drills in their ams along with their other myriad bonuses I don't think I need to list here. Tajara get night vision, a speed bonus, the works. Skrell are similar to humans but are slightly faster, can't slip, get pisonics. There's a lot of different ways people can try to get mechanical advantages here, but this is a roleplay game in the end. The main angle I can take this seriously from, is that the lock seems arbitrary. Personally though, I do not mind it. Limiting it to Zeng-Hu means only research and medical are really going to be seeing these augs, which I think is better than having them in every department. -
Boggle08's Synthetic Deputy Application
WickedCybs replied to Boggle08's topic in Developer Applications Archives
Boggle has a very wide range when it comes to how he can present things. In game I noticed it from the way he portrays aspects of IPC lore like Burzsia or The Golden Deep and those characters. Tankred, his HoP whose name I forget but remember everything else about. Very memorable characters. The writing is rather interesting too for the work he has put out. His overall vision in the synth dev app as well is something I really liked. Would be cool to see what he does in the role. -
Get rid of passive regeneration healing on carbon mobs
WickedCybs replied to Scheveningen's topic in Archive
The regen is not as fast as it's made out to be here. It only kicks in for the very lightly wounded or medically treated as well. Removing it would only lead to unnatural results like getting a notable but very minor wound from having a paper cup thrown at you. Very much not interested. If roleplay is desired out of light scrapes and such, nobody is stopping anyone from still roleplaying those pains out too, yes? It's not like you're not going to feel getting sliced up even after the wound is bandaged or recovers on its own. RP out those aches and pains. -
More a statement that you facilitated the two in general and were a constant observer to their actions. It's a very bad look, even if you were just adjacent to the visitor going far out of scope of what they should be doing. If I gave you the benefit of the doubt, it's all still a prime example of FROST shadowing those individuals, and it is a pattern. This changes little. Even if it's not actively brought up in game by others and even if Command isn't commenting on it (they were very busy) doesn't make it okay. I wouldn't even think the incident was relevant to the complaint if it wasn't for FROST being glued to Kathira. It's behaviour I've seen on many different rounds now, the event just made it far more noticeable to me. Nobody is omnipresent in the end. You seem rather used to being hands-on with investigations. I'm aware. Since this is noted to be a consistent issue, I'm noting what I have seen in the past. It's fine to have friends and help them out. You go well past this. This is all I really have to say on that matter.
-
I definitely noticed the shadowing, and it was something I was keeping an eye on during the last Skrell event (I was playing officer) because Frost is played as a more social borg. Following its friends was something I expected, and it did really cross the line then. It was pretty much without fail that whenever I came across them they were on the heels of Kathira and Rose at any important juncture. I can't say whether they provided access into maint or not but they essentially acted as Kathira's key into the bridge from my observations and likely myriad other places like maintenance. The justification for doing so doesn't really track here because Rose never should have made Kathira into another quasi-investigator to begin with, Kathira had no real contact with most of security. I was later made aware they were listening in on our comms as well. FROST facilitated them both. If that became more apparent in round, I definitely think it would have been handled ICly. A ticket was sent in about this too, my involvement meant I could not take care of it myself. If you are wondering why it was never brought to your attention, I believe the round was essentially already over at that point.
-
Appeal accepted. This is my first time lifting a ban. Do message here again if it didn't work out.
-
This doesn't really change much. Cargo is the cheap labour with an endless amount of bodies ready to take up vacated position and ready to work for peanuts. Cargo is filled with criminal characters and it makes sense for them to be in that department. Miners are not particularly valuable to NT, as well. There's also nothing a prisoner character can actually really do unless they're released from the brig to work somewhere, which would require changing the ID if you don't just want them to be a janitor or something. The prison bots don't really mine, they pick up shards created by two machines they stand around by. Everything else you have said has kinda been covered already, so I am just focusing on this single snippet. I'd be more inclined to think it would not be a wasted addition if there was simply more they could do. Yes, people are supposed to roleplay but I will not be expecting anyone, especially those who utilize the roles to talk for hours in a box if there's not much else going on.
-
Character-based mechanical skills would be nice. It is really easy to just subtly powergame and do things out of the scope of your character, with departments like research, medical and engineering typically being the biggest offenders there. Also, I've been told the skill system as it is now isn't broken. It is more of an OOC tool we can look at. Course, nobody really uses it though.
-
Port Character scaling and height/width descriptors from Nebula
WickedCybs replied to greenjoe's topic in Archive
It starts to look really goofy looking when the build options are showcased. Overall, not a fan. Porting the examine feature is cool though.