Jump to content

WickedCybs

Administrators
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WickedCybs

  1. I like the remap, gives a bit more flavour and use for an otherwise empty sublevel. As for the changes to the roles, no real strong opinion. I don't really do investigations much.
  2. It would make an added step basically. Since it's a big escalation to start ordering things like bullpups, LWAPs. Having it be easily printable from a lathe is what encourages the beeline for slugs. Less a full removal, more a change and more options being added is what would be nice to me.
  3. Maybe slugs could be exclusively orderable from the cargo console instead too? It's a really powerful ammunition type on level with weapons like the LWAP.
  4. What a chonker.
  5. The PR has been merged.
  6. Believe the HoS voidsuit just has identical resistances to the standard security voidsuit, which isn't very protective except against melee damage.
  7. The hardhat aesthetic on the CE rig is very cool and I'd be pretty sad if it was removed. Rest of the sprites look well enough to me and I'll hope to see the changes in game soon.
  8. I like that the design for that .45 Kyres showed a while ago has pretty much modified and used for the carbine. Makes it seem more like the one handed weapon it is in-game anyway.
  9. It does not really matter if it didn't, it potentially implies unfortunate things and that's my issue. It's been cleared up elsewhere but to expand on this, what am I supposed to think when I see "There are no personal grudges here" and then that? Presentation matters and It's not something I'm ignoring if we're maintaining this "friendly communication." I won't claim to be perfect myself though and not everyone is going to like each other. That's how it goes. As I said, I think integration is a good change.
  10. Would be nice if the relay was "officially" managed by the Aurora staff team rather than by community members I agree. There is only so much we can do in the end and we can only stand to gain from closer integration at this point assuming staff care to maintain it. Additionally, given the image Incog posted and other factors, I do hope this thread was not borne out of a grudge like the OP says because it gives a really unfortunate feeling to the thread. I don't like involving myself with these potentially bad faith arguments.
  11. Looks generally fine to me. I don't think I have any other questions really. Good luck.
  12. Have just a few questions. Firstly, would you call them a Conservative, Absolutist or Populist when it comes to the Royalism? I have them pegged for a Conservative due to their background but it would be good to hear the reasoning. Secondly, I've been noting that generally, backgrounds start to matter less on the station. Natural to an extent as a character wouldn't be on Adhomai anymore and would need to keep up appearances for their job, but there's more to being a supporter than hanging up a flag while being upset at those of other Factions being about. Tajara have been getting eager to please and non-confrontational across the board. Since this is a proud supporter of the NKA, how do you think your character would handle an argument about the importance of Nobility to someone claiming it's an oppressive & unjust system? Many opt for "This one will be the betterrr perrrrson and stop talking" and such but that tends to be uninteresting and a roadblock to roleplay
  13. Buddy is alright. I consider them to be kind of one of the standard AI's. Generally reliable, useful to have available and not really making or breaking a round. I can't say I can think of any examples where they've done something particularly bad or egregious from my perspective.
  14. Akino is the one I've had the most experiences with out of the two and has been fairly unique when it comes to station AI's. Pretty interesting to interact with given the constraints they put on themselves. It adds a bit of an extra dimension to just telling the AI to do something or what to focus, may want to tell them to ignore a few things to ease the system or prioritize certain things for example. They're cool.
  15. The hide mantle is turned into a poncho-like accessory in this PR. https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/11315
  16. Charles is a good AI and one that from my perspective, has a firm vision on how AI should be played that they always carry out. Can't really say I've ever had any complaints or issues with them.
  17. Good riddance for dominate being removed. I have only ever been ordered to kill people or follow the vamp to some corner with it. Many memorable rounds of a vamp doing nothing but stealth feeding and then dominating everyone have been had. It tends to be extremely obvious who is doing it, but of course its metagaming if they haven't actually properly gone "loud". Unsure what can be done with the beast/hulk mode. At the moment the reason it is so powerful and sometimes annoying to deal with is because hulking out keeps you standing until your brain ticks to 0%. Nothing else matters. It should probably be linked to brainmed somehow
  18. Having it just easily available like that is very strange, I agree. Had a lot of incidents of people dying due to Phoron Punch specifically, the k'ois bars don't seem to kill people as fast as that does. It also often seems like most of the time, half or more than half the crew doesn't even know what's dangerous in the machines other than a k'ois bar. Even for the k'ois bars, the fact that they don't induce mycosis unlike the organic bars you can only get by hacking isn't really outlined, easy mistake to make. Though a key thing is, it's just not clear what's toxic or not at a glance for new players. Even if they know what phoron is and what it does. Well, you have the vaurca vendor with product names like "Phoron Passion" and "K'ois Twist" that don't poison at all and then the "Phoron Punch" in a Robust Softdrinks that will actually kill you. Get that people should probably "Read the labels" but it's a bit of a poor gotcha moment. I've gone over this with others constantly IC, especially when I play medical. Making it more obvious that its toxic probably wouldn't hurt.
  19. Like it overall. I'm more of a fan of the full white shotgun over the off-white one though. .45s finally changing is very good.
  20. Didn't realize it also makes it so the antag uplink can't be used. That at the very least should be rectified though it's probably not something intended. Consequence of being attached to the chat program, suppose.
  21. That would make sense then, I likely mistook the steel sheets used on the last victim for floor tiles I suppose. And the screenshots do have that log. My brain is stuck thinking gray = floor tile
  22. It looks good king. The roller beds at the moment are honestly sometimes hard to notice and click on, on the ground and such as well when in the more lighter locations like medical. Rest of the changes are good too.
  23. Hard agree. I used to always beg HoPs or some other command member for this when I consistently played EMT as well. Maybe some will consider this a good interaction, but it just feels strange having less departmental access than the station janitor. Maybe if this isn't fine, giving medics some dedicated breaching tool could be a fine alternative. At the moment they do get the toolbox and such and whatever they find, but something like a halligan bar rather than the usual fire extinguishers or maglights would be interesting.
  24. Malf happening again (with just one vote in its favour at times) was a bit of an unpleasant surprise. I'll hope with the whitelist for AI's the mode will finally become a bit more bearable at least.
  25. I'll always be a fan of making antagging a better, more bearable experience for the "lowest common denominator." personally. Seen a lot of good ideas and a lot of good players brought low during an otherwise nice round by something like a lucky .45 round causing an arterial in one hit, making them just die while staring at a black screen in maint. When an officer gets an arterial, they at least have the chance of the express trip (without handcuffs!) to medical to survive.
×
×
  • Create New...