Jump to content

WickedCybs

Administrators
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WickedCybs

  1. I have not really done any in-depth interactions with their characters, but they seem to be a fairly competent roleplayer based on the few IC interactions I've had with them and most of the interactions I've witnessed while a ghost. They are one of the few notable QM's, in my eyes and there's really no doubt I think that HoP will suit them well. +1
  2. Yes, apologies for forgetting these. The attacks on my character had me glossing over a few details. Val only mentioned the "threats" in regards to Thomson. Never said once that they were threatening every other department. The whole "threatening engineering" thing was the captains word, not mine. Though the actions displayed did not have them too confident in what might happen next. As for the second point, yes, this was known. But Thomson and Summer told Val that Prestoff was harassing the medical department. Considering he did not die and Thomson said they kept it light on purpose, they saw it as an entirely deserved albeit misguided response due to the second hand information. And again, thinking this was all based on one comment? No, it wasn't. I encourage you to read the prior response, but I'll say it again. Cargo certainly was acting belligerent. The statement to Talka? Certainly was threatening crew no matter how you slice it. There was no "We'll be unhappy.". There was a "We'll be back". Completely neglected to hear out cargo? I'm sure listening to the insults of the group and the continued utterances of "Ask questions!" from those who did not ask questions when it came to why medical was acting "boneheaded" would've done my character a whole lot of good. Attacked in the first place? Based on Summer and Thomson's words, it certainly sounded like cargo started the whole situation and a friend was getting revenge, so sympathy was not in the cards. Anyway, two dipshit humans and a robot? Try one dipshit human and a robot. Prestoff was not even an element Val thought about, beyond being the reason the whole mess happened in the first place. So, what does one do when they see an injustice they want to see corrected? They go to the relevant parties. Command were sent messages. Security was talked to. The whole Eridani PMC thing muddled things somewhat, so the captain herself went to cargo. Everything done was to better ensure the matter would not be overshadowed by antaggary going on throughout the round, and would actually be dealt with rather than fester. That was the motivation, to actually see something done about what Val saw happen in the garden and about the rest of the information pieced together. Nobody who didn't need to know was informed about it. Don't need to scream on common about something you can just hope your higher ups and station security will handle, you know? In the end, your character was not even at the garden. We didn't speak at all that round except that bit at the end, yet you act the authority on what went down to cause my character to be upset, as if you saw what you needed to see. Course, you get your information ICly, just like me I hope. Not OOC with the one you know. Decided my character hated you for some reason, when they really didn't even know who you are. Zero reason to care. I was doing other things once the needed messages were sent out, then once at the docks, which was a long time after, obviously you felt the need to shit-stir. If you act the part of a prick ICly, don't be surprised when you are treated as such and have people seeking consequences for it. Creating a false narrative and pushing it with your friend OOCly? That is not something I expected from the community, but I'm glad It's not overall representative. I hope. - This is an edit. I was going to remove the personal attacks from this post, but I figure it should stay up for the benefit of the complaint. I've obviously been getting pretty heated and upset. Apologies again, for that. I'll go ahead and keep things more concise from here on out.
  3. I used what was happening on the cargo radio strictly as an example when it came to the narrative you were pushing forward of cargo being innocent of any wrongdoing after the round ended during the OOC spat, which was asked to conclude. In the round itself, while the limited view of cargos behaviour was frustrating to watch during my time as a ghost, I carried none of that information with me ICly. I was kind of busy playing an MMO at the same time up until the time I spawned. If I was actually using my knowledge to metagame here, I would have mentioned far more or joined as a HoP I was meaning to test out that day, which I mentioned as something I could've done in dchat. Could've also spoken about that one Unathi attacking medical that was seemingly the source of all this, but I never knew that ICly, all that really happened was... joining the round. Hearing some of the round happenings on the engie comms and my PDA. As Val is about to leave, lingering around for a bit because the gardener had a psi-aura which was pretty curious, they hear what can be considered a threat to someone they consider a rather kind person based on their few interactions, which led to the incident in the garden. A simple "I will let security know about your threats if they continue" had Duponte and Courier crank up their hostility. That is not going to have anyone see them in a good light at all, and it really didn't did it? Based on others who walked by. It set the tone along with all the other information obtained in round after the fact. As for being on the fence, that was making me not want to join but I ended up doing so because the round had a few cool people on and I figured It'd be interesting considering it was a far more peaceful borer round than usual. I was doing fine with just playing the round once any relevant command staff were informed of the situation, and that is what I did. Of course, at the end of it cargo mentions it again to Roadman. Don't need to say what happened next. That was a big detraction from the otherwise good RP going on, but thankfully short. Course, the basis of the complaint here is whether I metagamed or not. And to restate, if I did, Val would have a lot more knowledge on the situation. I don't really know any of the characters in the "clique" I was "crusading" with more than superficially and have had no interactions with them on an OOC basis other than LOOC and OOC chatter. Duponte and Prestoff. I do not care about at all. Prestoff was not even a blip on the radar other than the yelling the end of round, and to say I outright wanted to screw him over just speaks to the you-centric mindset being put out here. Did I beeline for the garden or make my way there? No, I spawned pretty much there via cyro and overheard it. Had it been anywhere else, none of this would have happened since non-Skrell having psionics is pretty insane and it would have been a beeline to engineering. Everything that happened, happened because of our characters IC actions, and consequences were going to come of that for certain. Like I said before, realize how things look from an outside perspective. And from an outside perspective, cargo acted the part of school-yard bullies, which my character is never going to abide. That is why they inserted themself into it. Why onlookers such as Viggo Mab did as well when they chanced upon the increasingly hostile cargo department. The "reasoning" supplied to Val were backhanded insults and "you aren't asking questions!". To say I egged any of this on OOC, is disingenuous as well. Considering I made a remark in response to someone about cargos behavior, which then sparked the whole argument about being totally justified. Suppose I should have heeded the warnings by other cargo players about how badly the cargo clique can react. Maybe I should have listened and stuck out of it if this how it would be. Meta-grudging is not conductive to anything though. Saying I was metagaming based on one statement? That is reaching. Now, one last thing As I said before... they did not have any knowledge of what was happening on the cargo radio. This one statement is the entire basis of your complaint and you have not provided even a shred of evidence Val was acting on information obtained from the cargo radio. It was not mentioned or referred to, except in OOC when again... I mentioned I saw it as a ghost. But that was as WickedCybs, not Val Xiram. Be upset all you want about everything else that happened, but you are blatantly lying and coming up with baseless conjecture based on one statement I made in OOC. Is it even relevant that your department was "joking"?. No, it wasn't. Because everything impactful that was learned, were from characters such as Thomson and Summer, and the event in hydroponics that started this all. Cargo was not of any help at all when it came to understanding, your cargo radio communications would not have impacted things much I'm sure. Considering the bulk of this complaint are criticisms and assumptions on the how and why my character acted as they did, rather than anything to back up this complaint's basis, it's rather telling the complaint has its foundations based in malice that things didn't go your way. Perhaps I'll have more to say later.
  4. So, about three or four rounds of observation here with one spent actively in game for me. They act as a leader of their department, delegating things and such. Can be trusted to be active on command communications when needed. Are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanics medical has. It's about in line with their interim CMO rounds too, I'd say. Those were fine. I'm sure they'll do well with the whitelist. May put more thoughts in later if I happen to be in more rounds with them as a head.
  5. While I do see depsec as a buff to sec, it works for antags too as the above post has mentioned. Especially the rather common antagonist security officers, who now have expanded access and comms on top of their usual advantages. Not too uncommon for the armoury and other areas to be easily cleaned out by them or others, especially on lower pop.
  6. It's an interesting concept, and the application shows they have good understanding of the lore. Cannot say I have interacted with their characters much, but the few times I have were pretty alright and have certainly made an impact. Their consular being pretty great and probably the one I have seen the most, other than Lezakh. OOCly, they seem pretty good too. Solid app. So in the moment of time that is now. The hour, the minute, the second. That is now. What will ensue, at this juncture, is a +1
  7. Yes please. I jumped in my seat the first time I heard it, and that was as a ghost where it will just blast you at the maximum volume I believe. I even keep the game at a pretty low volume level but its still enough to hurt my ears.
  8. This would be very good. Spreading that work between two roles always seemed rather questionable to me anyway, with a lot of lonely detectives/CSI's without the counterpart to complete them. Though, the detective suffered from this more considering they couldn't really collect evidence while a CSI could at least conduct interviews and such in the absence of a detective.
  9. As far as their CE play goes, they have been doing quite alright from my observations. Generally trying to get the team involved, actively teaching apprentices and doing what they need to do as a member of command. You never really notice just how much a good member of command/engineering can do to avoid or fix various situations. Telecomms incidents that would make most in a round cryo, are solved by them. Knowledge is good. Roleplay is fine. They fit right in.
  10. It is about time, really. Schwab plays believable and grounded characters that are fun to roleplay at. Considering their track record here there's really no doubts they would be able to perform well with a Skrell whitelist and seeing their spin on them should be interesting considering the variety to work with here.
  11. I think the recent changes to the offices were very good, especially supply. Rather excited to see how this ends up.
  12. I really like dep sec so far. The office placement not so much in some cases. They also seem too big, rivalling a few of the head offices in size, like the CE or HoS. For engineering specifically, it takes up too much space at the "front" as well, making the actual front desk very tiny. Not to mention, they stole our paper bin ?. I do not really like the supply office location either. Missing out on the vendors and maintenance exist near disposals feels pretty bad to me since it was a natural spot. You'd have to step all the way to the far end of the bar or go through the maintenance entrance by the chapel and wind your way down if you are not a member of supply. The science officer and medical officer locations are probably my favourite even though it cut the maintenance maze in half in the formers case. Having them relatively out of the way rather than dominating a departments main space is how I like things.
  13. Removing it from secret would be neat. Bad things happen, AI starts trying to kill people, conflict, the inevitable delta or shuttle call. Overdone, poisoned by malfs who want to "win". I have experienced some very good malf rounds in the past but lately I don't think it has any place in secret.
  14. I've seen a carbon dioxide engine attempted before I ended up joining a round. Works seemingly okay at first, though it seems like the gas just gets continually hotter and needs replacement, quickly. Ended up having to replace it with phoron since it was kind of in a loop of barely stable yet quickly becoming an issue again. As for interesting setups, observe this, courtesy of the engineering discord.
  15. Has the validhunting been an observed problem? I can only speak for the actions of myself here and those I worked with in a few rounds, but I treat it as a very different experience versus being a traitor. The renegade variants of my characters are irrational and do whatever it takes to survive. This frequently ends up with them at odds with command and security rather than another antag. It spices up a round and makes the atmosphere a touch more chaotic. I don't really need or want the mechanical advantages being a traitor provides and hunting down other traitors as a traitor yourself is something I've never been a fan of. Putting up a better fight is not in my interests either, the crash and burning of renegades is part of the appeal to me and its led to some pretty neat RP. My designated "renegade" characters do well with it, as do my designated "traitor" characters do with that, though I have not done much of the latter. Maybe other modes could benefit from renegades as has been said above me, though I do understand renegades by nature could be lot more valid hunting than other roles, especially for something like vampire or ling.
  16. They have already been doing amazing with the Skrell whitelist they recently received, actively involving others and providing interesting takes on Skrell lore. There's really no doubt in my mind they would be able to do the same with Diona. I really want to see this character. +1
  17. Zer0 makes very believable characters that are a good fit for the universe in lore. it's quite fun to roleplay with them as well. I keep discovering they're the player behind many different characters I've had many positive interactions with, they're clearly capable of pulling off a wide range of backgrounds and motivations. Other than that, well. I'm not well-versed on Unathi lore though the application seems to hit the right notes to me at least. +1
  18. I have only interacted with Riley Williams and Smith, but mainly Smith. As far as departmental knowledge goes, they're an experienced engineer and the characters they play just have a lot of "character" that works with the setting and the job they choose to do. CE is definitely something they'd be able to do justice. Have not interacted much OOCly, but they seem well enough to me. +1
  19. I've only really seen and interacted with them when they play Fairfax, and they are a pretty believable character that really adds to the environment whenever they are in the security department, just playing off of their background and nature as an EPMC. I think they'd absolutely do the concept here in this app well, and I'd be interested to see how such a character develops on the Aurora. +1
  20. It's a better looking layout due to the openness, for sure. Not much to add other than that.
  21. I don't have much to add other than agreeing. Being able to block and parry grabs would be alright I'd think. Trying to wrench someones shield away should really just result in being bashed by it, for example. Having grabs be more punishing on the grabber would make it more of a measured action.
  22. My inactivity in those situations is intentional in most to all cases, trying to see what my cat got into again or other things. I do make sure to take those absences when the effect will be felt the least, so not during a critical hull breach or anything. My apartment is pretty small, so while I do my thing I also check up on the game log in case I'm missing something important. People are informed when I need to be away a bit, when possible. All in all, these are not that long and I'm active for the vast majority of a round, if not all of it. I'd be cryoing if something really demanded my attention outside the game for a long while. As for my internet, I don't think I called it outright bad, it can be laggy sometimes, mostly stable. My crashes or disconnects are due to another thing, some BYOND issues that either freezes the client totally, or renders my viewport being frozen while the game itself is still active. These are a very rare occurrence. If I'm ever laid out, you can generally trust I'll I return within a minute to two as BYOND is restarting. Nobody has had to cryo me yet ?.
  23. A Scarab CoC consular is not really something that is usually seen. While my interactions with them when they have been playing their consular has been limited so far, I have observed them quite a bit. They really do act like an outside force that is pushing their own agenda and trying to influence things in favour of the Coalition. Which is nice to see. Their consular has personality and vibes well with the rest of command. Hope I get to see how things further develop.
  24. I am surprised I missed this application. I have only really interacted with their character Hanru Smith, and they add a great element to the kitchen that makes it feel more alive whenever they are on. Taking orders, delivering, the discussions. A lot of things that add to the experience. As for this application itself. I think it is a well enough concept. You also do not tend to see Skrell that struggle much when it comes to their education, especially those in the Federation. It's only natural that some would slip under the cracks. Seeing how that and other events shape them would be interesting. +1, might have more to add later.
  25. I've been meaning to post here, thankfully recent shilling reminded me to. I have mainly interacted with Patel and Priceright outside of the trial and they are fun, enjoyable characters to roleplay with. As for the new rep, Hauteur has been interesting to watch. Involving people as a consular and handing out their surveys. They really do make the station feel alive. +1, may have more thoughts to add later.
×
×
  • Create New...