sneak peek for new things in medical

11 minutes ago, Melariara said:

...What's wrong with what we have?

I'm trying to change and add things because I think they would be cooler.

That's really all there is to most PRs. You may think what you have fine is now, but that's what leads to stagnation in general.

6 minutes ago, BoryaTheSlayer said:

Looks cute.  Gauze and ointment lool MUCH better than what we have. Finally decided to add defibs?

Yes, CPR will be nerfed along with probably adrenaline and defibrillators (with a different name) will become the primary way of resuscitating someone. Big, bulky, and not very portable.

I do not think Adrenaline should be nerfed. Few chemists know how to make it as is and it is usually crucial to keeping critical patients alive. Making players rely on just one way of reviving someone seems a bit constrictive imo.

What's there to actually nerf when it comes to adrenaline? It restarts the heart, and it'll immediately fail again if the root cause hasn't been fixed. I'm not sure what can actually be changed here.

Getting real tired of options being taken away, given in reality this just means medical is that much more boring. Already a lot of the older med mains are tired of med (hence the current manifests being dead/new people). I really don't understand where these changes are coming from. Especially with the addition of defibs which (if I'm understanding properly) is a buff in a very dull way.

2 minutes ago, Lemei said:

What's there to actually nerf when it comes to adrenaline? It restarts the heart, and it'll immediately fail again if the root cause hasn't been fixed. I'm not sure what can actually be changed here.

Getting real tired of options being taken away, given in reality this just means medical is that much more boring. Already a lot of the older med mains are tired of med (hence the current manifests being dead/new people). I really don't understand where these changes are coming from. Especially with the addition of defibs which (if I'm understanding properly) is a buff in a very dull way.

Note that I said "probably", not "will". Going off on a tirade about a single change that's not even coded yet is a bit too quick. Not sure what other options have been taken away either.

Adding defibrillators is to reduce unneeded CPR spam, because continuously clicking in situations where you could be doing away with it (aka, medical) isn't really fun. Note; I'm not saying CPR is overpowered.

I like it a lot. The caulk gun and associated tanks are a very, very welcome departure from the existing "green cube that heals people" and "brown cube that heals people" and I dig them a lot. Also our gauze and ointment sprites are finally getting updated from their 2004 sprites, which is extremely welcome. I look forward to seeing them and the defibrillator in-game, as spam-clicking somebody to do CPR is both annoying and carpal tunnel-inducing.

5 hours ago, MattAtlas said:

Note that I said "probably", not "will". Going off on a tirade about a single change that's not even coded yet is a bit too quick. Not sure what other options have been taken away either.

Adding defibrillators is to reduce unneeded CPR spam, because continuously clicking in situations where you could be doing away with it (aka, medical) isn't really fun. Note; I'm not saying CPR is overpowered.

CPR and Defibs are used in completely different situations, though.

A CPR is for cardiac arrest, and a Defib is usually for a heart in fibrillation, not a stopped heart.

Guest Menown

We use caulk guns at my work for mayonnaise and tartar sauce. I'm in favor of the versatility of the caulk gun and feel it's an incredibly unique aspect of medical for our server. Medicines being in easy-to-apply tubes. It's genius.

5 hours ago, Azande said:

CPR and Defibs are used in completely different situations, though.

A CPR is for cardiac arrest, and a Defib is usually for a heart in fibrillation, not a stopped heart.

11 hours ago, MattAtlas said:

defibrillators (with a different name) will become the primary way of resuscitating someone. Big, bulky, and not very portable.

I'm not the biggest fan of the caulk gun, since it reminds me of the time while working at a hotel I had to caulk like 10 showers in one day.

That's not a real complaint. The sprites look fine. Just a random question: will the caulk gun come in different colors or just one standard color?

3 hours ago, Codename: Bear said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the caulk gun, since it reminds me of the time while working at a hotel I had to caulk like 10 showers in one day.

That's not a real complaint. The sprites look fine. Just a random question: will the caulk gun come in different colors or just one standard color?

It can be greyscaled to have any color you want if needed.

Looking forwards to how this turns out so i'll be able to tell something more to interns when teaching and there will be more mechanics related to m*dbay. 

Nice.

Also, can't wait for the EMT/Paramedic to steal the caulk gun like they already do with O- bloodbags : )
fun times.

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/06/2020 at 18:36, MattAtlas said:

Yes, CPR will be nerfed along with probably adrenaline and defibrillators (with a different name) will become the primary way of resuscitating someone. Big, bulky, and not very portable.

I appreciate all your hard work, these look great! Please consider adding a way for stationbounds to help with CPR, maybe a auto compression module or something. Or maybe access to the defib item if it is added.

Edited by StationCrab
  • 8 months later...