Minor Mapping suggestions [!]

Add a row of AI holopads (8) here so that the AI can interact with and do fun stuff in the holopad, and have as many holopads as they need to do whatever they want to (The previous windows could be replaced with, I dont know, just one directional windows facing out with processing tiles underneath the holopads to indicate that the AI should use them if it sees fit? Could be useful. (The area that would be altered is outlined in red)

holopad.png

1 hour ago, Colfer said:

Add a row of AI holopads (8) here so that the AI can interact with and do fun stuff in the holopad, and have as many holopads as they need to do whatever they want to (The previous windows could be replaced with, I dont know, just one directional windows facing out with processing tiles underneath the holopads to indicate that the AI should use them if it sees fit? Could be useful. (The area that would be altered is outlined in red)

holopad.png

I dont get it, honestly 

10 hours ago, KingOfThePing said:

I dont get it, honestly 

AI can use multiple holograms at the same time, you can also switch images per hologram. The suggestion is to replace the windows with holopads and the floor under those holopads with processing tiles and leave the outer facing directional windows alone, with this, the AI would be able to project 8 characters into the holodeck (or around it) should there be a reason to. It could be neat for training, or plays, or just being creepy while malf by treating the holodeck as your own personal dollhouse and projecting crewmembers inside it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So yesterday while playing a round I just kept thinking about how much the security lobby would benefit from a light here, since it's a really grim room.

image.png.4a82c1bd40621b5805c9fc530e9e20c9.png

I convinced an engineer to install it. Here's how different the room looks.

image.png.d2aea021320511268e5198caa06dce61.png

However, as a friend suggested, it would be better to have the lights line up in a way. Like this?

image.png.a0a6bb69221918d5d657c125d66d1eed.png

If anybody could map this small change, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

On 20/07/2021 at 17:40, Desven said:

So yesterday while playing a round I just kept thinking about how much the security lobby would benefit from a light here, since it's a really grim room.

[image]

I convinced an engineer to install it. Here's how different the room looks.

[image]

However, as a friend suggested, it would be better to have the lights line up in a way. Like this?

[image]

If anybody could map this small change, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

On 23/07/2021 at 00:29, greenjoe said:

move the lower crusher camera one tile north so the door isn't blocking the view in.

[image]

Made a PR: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/12234

• 7 months later...

The Empty office above the Chapel is of course there for merchants or Assistant Gimmicks or Traitor gimmicks to set up here.

But

It is right above the chapel.

This would be a perfect spot to put the Service Manager's Office, which currently has literally nowhere to go despite having access to the entire ship.-

Would give the SM closeness to the OM and be thematically appropriate because most of their department is in the southern part of the ship

It also would put their office disconnected from the Bridge while still beeing on the same level as the bridge and would put people starting as Assistant in the lounge area something to look at

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The bar needs a CondiMaster/ChemMaster so that the bartender can, for example, blend berries and remove the nutriment from the juice, or remove extra reagents from a finished drink.

Also needed: A bottle of universal enzyme. Home-made wine, vodka, and other alcohols are brewed with universal enzyme. (And the CondiMaster is also necessary to remove the enzyme from the drink afterwards.)

Bartender access to the garden's produce storage SmartFridge would be great, too, but since the bartender can grow their own produce for drinks via the public garden, it isn't near as important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to request that the doors of the operations hangar be changed to normal doors, the same way its done on the other side of the ship. Primary reason is that some of the escape pods are located there, as the signs indicate, which are now inaccesible. These doors can be changed and Operations would still be locked since there are 2 more doors behind it. Even if someone decides to climb under the plastic flaps, they would still be confronted with more doors.

Secondary reason would be that its looks nicer to have double doors for the hangars🙂  (also symmetry)

operations hangar doors1.png

science hangar doors1.png

Edited by Renzovv98
  • 1 month later...

Fill in these holes in maintenance with MORE CATWALK/add a ladder instead of stairs.

So far whenever I've damage-controlled as engie, Deck 2 Aft has been extremely annoying and tedious to refill pressure, reduce temperature, or stop the spread of atmos hazards because there's a big hole that allows exchange of bad air between levels. I think if these holes were covered up, it would make damage control a little more streamlined and less vulnerable to atmos grief.

maintenance closure 1.png

maintenance closure 2.png

maintenance closure 3.png