Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AmoryBlaine

HoP and Captain outfit suggestions

Recommended Posts

Respriting these blah blah blah, you know what's up. Post suggestions or thoughts on what to keep/change about them here.

Share this post


Link to post

Can the dress versions of them be short sleeved? and/or have the ability to be rolled up? Because I look stupid in heels, bare legs, and long ugly blue sleeves.

Also, the Captains color scheme would look  better toned down. Right now we're "BLUE RASPBERRY SLURPEE" and "Is that a banana" gold.

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with the above. On a side note, could the parade uniform ever be more feminized? Could the regular captain's cap possibly have alterations?

Share this post


Link to post

If you guys could try and come up with some visuals as well, that'd be cool. I'll work on something feminine, though.

Share this post


Link to post

Contrast to the posts above, something with dark commanding tones would be neat. macho Captains need pants too.

basically what I had in mind was a captain variant of a business suit, maybe with a gold band around the sleeve.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Having more alternate clothing similar to the warden would be cool, let me try sketching something up real quick. some more "royal" color schemes would fit well in my opinion. Blacks, gold, silver.

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.1fe87eaca6289324503a4e28dcd27691.png

 

The 'standard' uniform of the Captain. Similar to the CC uniforms, mostly a formal piece given when promoted to Captain. Replaces the current uniform.

image.png.0bc031560f37deb95f220191c4297223.png

Share this post


Link to post

 

Captain, Head of Personnel, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Head of Security, Chief Engineer.

image.thumb.png.06c84e66b59e6e472b4c5e24f44fc180.png

Edited by AmoryBlaine

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AmoryBlaine said:

 

Captain, Head of Personnel, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Head of Security, Chief Engineer.

image.thumb.png.06c84e66b59e6e472b4c5e24f44fc180.png

i don't like that brown for the RD one bit. it looks like it should be supply or, specifically, mining.

i know you're trying to kill color schemes but this doesn't track for me.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, wowzewow said:

Keep it navy blue please

It's going to be absolutely hellish to resprite every color-coded thing

The blue is hideous. Command can stay blue as a department colour coding but the captain's uniform sprite is old and bad quality.

Share this post


Link to post

I dislike the spriting of the Captain's uniform to look so similar to the Central Command uniform. Central Command having their own unique palette is what sets them apart from the station. I'm certain there is a type of blue that will fit the captain well, it just needs to be found. Just don't use black, however, black for the HoS is okay, I suppose, given that the corporate officer uniform exists.

Share this post


Link to post

The color schemes that exist on station should be preserved, but I would like to see improved options. Lancer's got the right idea.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, BRAINOS said:

i don't like that brown for the RD one bit. it looks like it should be supply or, specifically, mining.

i know you're trying to kill color schemes but this doesn't track for me.

Which one? The shirt and tie? Because I made it less brown than the current, by making the tie a dark purple.

 

2 hours ago, wowzewow said:

Isn't centcom green?

Not to my knowledge. It's orange, and royal blue judging by the CC uniform badges.

5 hours ago, FreshRefreshments said:

The colors dont really need to change, the spritework can just be improved.

The designs look like shit, that's partially because of the colours. So, no. The colours aren't staying that way, since they're too ugly.

5 hours ago, geeves said:

I dislike the spriting of the Captain's uniform to look so similar to the Central Command uniform. Central Command having their own unique palette is what sets them apart from the station. I'm certain there is a type of blue that will fit the captain well, it just needs to be found. Just don't use black, however, black for the HoS is okay, I suppose, given that the corporate officer uniform exists.

The standard Captain uniform. There will be alternates, but the standard should reflect them as being a part of NT's command structure.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AmoryBlaine said:

Which one? The shirt and tie? Because I made it less brown than the current, by making the tie a dark purple.

for the top, the less brown makes it tan, which makes it look like a really fancy, sci-fi mining jumpsuit. any kind of cargo color + purple is just... always gonna be mining, for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BRAINOS said:

for the top, the less brown makes it tan, which makes it look like a really fancy, sci-fi mining jumpsuit. any kind of cargo color + purple is just... always gonna be mining, for me. 

What colour do you think would work better?

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, AmoryBlaine said:

What colour do you think would work better?

bleurd.png

i'm kinda thinkin along the lines of some kinda blue. the 2nd one here contrasts well with the purple. maybe figure out where to add gold, commandy accents to that and it should be really nice

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BRAINOS said:

bleurd.png

i'm kinda thinkin along the lines of some kinda blue. the 2nd one here contrasts well with the purple. maybe figure out where to add gold, commandy accents to that and it should be really nice

The blue is out of place, since the rest of the RD options are brown/tan with green or purple accents.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BRAINOS said:

bleurd.png

i'm kinda thinkin along the lines of some kinda blue. the 2nd one here contrasts well with the purple. maybe figure out where to add gold, commandy accents to that and it should be really nice

That blue gives strong vibes of medical's surgical scrubs. I'd go for white + purple, since blue + purple is amusingly the wizard's aesthetic (to which a wizard satchel would actually look really good with the middle example).

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...