HoP and Captain outfit suggestions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the dress versions of them be short sleeved? and/or have the ability to be rolled up? Because I look stupid in heels, bare legs, and long ugly blue sleeves.

Also, the Captains color scheme would look  better toned down. Right now we're "BLUE RASPBERRY SLURPEE" and "Is that a banana" gold.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, AmoryBlaine said:

Captain, Head of Personnel, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Head of Security, Chief Engineer.

image.thumb.png.06c84e66b59e6e472b4c5e24f44fc180.png

i don't like that brown for the RD one bit. it looks like it should be supply or, specifically, mining.

i know you're trying to kill color schemes but this doesn't track for me.

26 minutes ago, wowzewow said:

Keep it navy blue please

It's going to be absolutely hellish to resprite every color-coded thing

The blue is hideous. Command can stay blue as a department colour coding but the captain's uniform sprite is old and bad quality.

I dislike the spriting of the Captain's uniform to look so similar to the Central Command uniform. Central Command having their own unique palette is what sets them apart from the station. I'm certain there is a type of blue that will fit the captain well, it just needs to be found. Just don't use black, however, black for the HoS is okay, I suppose, given that the corporate officer uniform exists.

12 hours ago, BRAINOS said:

i don't like that brown for the RD one bit. it looks like it should be supply or, specifically, mining.

i know you're trying to kill color schemes but this doesn't track for me.

Which one? The shirt and tie? Because I made it less brown than the current, by making the tie a dark purple.

2 hours ago, wowzewow said:

Isn't centcom green?

Not to my knowledge. It's orange, and royal blue judging by the CC uniform badges.

5 hours ago, FreshRefreshments said:

The colors dont really need to change, the spritework can just be improved.

The designs look like shit, that's partially because of the colours. So, no. The colours aren't staying that way, since they're too ugly.

5 hours ago, geeves said:

I dislike the spriting of the Captain's uniform to look so similar to the Central Command uniform. Central Command having their own unique palette is what sets them apart from the station. I'm certain there is a type of blue that will fit the captain well, it just needs to be found. Just don't use black, however, black for the HoS is okay, I suppose, given that the corporate officer uniform exists.

The standard Captain uniform. There will be alternates, but the standard should reflect them as being a part of NT's command structure.

1 minute ago, AmoryBlaine said:

Which one? The shirt and tie? Because I made it less brown than the current, by making the tie a dark purple.

for the top, the less brown makes it tan, which makes it look like a really fancy, sci-fi mining jumpsuit. any kind of cargo color + purple is just... always gonna be mining, for me. 

28 minutes ago, AmoryBlaine said:

What colour do you think would work better?

bleurd.png

i'm kinda thinkin along the lines of some kinda blue. the 2nd one here contrasts well with the purple. maybe figure out where to add gold, commandy accents to that and it should be really nice

2 hours ago, BRAINOS said:

bleurd.png

i'm kinda thinkin along the lines of some kinda blue. the 2nd one here contrasts well with the purple. maybe figure out where to add gold, commandy accents to that and it should be really nice

The blue is out of place, since the rest of the RD options are brown/tan with green or purple accents.

2 hours ago, BRAINOS said:

bleurd.png

That blue gives strong vibes of medical's surgical scrubs. I'd go for white + purple, since blue + purple is amusingly the wizard's aesthetic (to which a wizard satchel would actually look really good with the middle example).