Your SS13 confessions

Baka

I think using confessions to admit personal insecurities or whatever is probably not the best use of time for self-introspection. If you can recognize you have a bad behavior pattern, why don't you self-motivate to fix it and do better?

I don't actually dislike this community whatsoever, I just come off as bitchy when I don't intend to. I like the most of you a lot.

The players I do dislike here, barely compare to some people in my real life that I can't stand.

I think the state of the community's actually been in the best spot it's ever been, my forecast says 'pretty promising', on top of that. If someone says otherwise, they're just too picky.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes leave toxins bombs in really easy to reach places for antags, in the hope that they'll overhear something and come steal them (or steal me).

I secretly want anyone begging CC via fax for an ERT as soon as Security dies (or before the ninety minute mark) to fail spectacularly. Try doing something without the ganksquad sometimes!

I told myself I'd never play here. When my home server closed up shop, I left ss13 for a year and came back. Now?.... I like this community better than my home and I feel pretty bad for writing Aurora off in the beginning.

I'm absolutely terrible at combat and I have no intention of getting better because I kind of enjoy not winning in a fair fight against an antag.

I like my drama RP more than I should.

I played on Paradise before I came to Aurora.

I unironically enjoy contributing to the round from the background which is why I enjoy playing a Robotic Cyborg so much.

I never wanted to be the Wiki Manager, I just didn't want to refuse to take it from Andry because they were busy with College and had to leave, and College was more important than being the Wiki Manager of Aurora. And they trusted me to take it...

I used to be terrifyingly robust, but over the years my laptop has deteriorated to the point the lag makes it impossible to even walk at normal speed.

As much as everyone else hates it, I love cult.

If you're reading this, you are the gay.

I can't help but scoff when someone tries quoting the rules at me. I've literally been playing Aurora since day 1.

Oh hey this is still going, time for round 2.

I stay unrobust on purpose because beating "robust" people just via luck is way funnier. Plus it provides the best protection for being labeled a powergamer.

I love how all the mining update did was put Research and Mining on equal footing and instead of people wanting to fix both they're only concerned with mining because it provides easy gear.

In the same vein I find it extremely fucking funny how people first complained that science is too involved in events as the "Armory" of the station so we nerfed their gun potential to minimum and now people are complaining that civilian is not involved enough.

I have more fun running events than playing the game.

I pretend I'm pretty aloof but whenever I die in an extremely quick/unfair way I get salty to the point where I have to log off so I don't yell at people.

I have not met a single person who was proud of being "oldguard" that wasn't a massive rule breaking shitter who expected special treatment. Only cementing the fact that everyone who says "old aurora had no cliques" was part of the old aurora clique.

The game

• 2 weeks later...

I deliberately make characters that push others outside of peoeple's vomfort zones so I can see how they would react without breaking character.

All but one of my characters are like this, and that one I use to relax and play a good round of spess.

I dislike the way security is currently set up and the way some people in it act, and yet I am a security main.

I make characters that have snowflake attributes, but purposefully give them mundane an uninteresting/comical reasons as to why or how they got those attributes. If you know of the Mars Hall thing you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, go forum diving until you do.

I love you, Fowl. Hmu.

Uh...hi.

I think all my characters are as uninteresting as myself and end surprised when someone likes them.

I know I am a bad roleplayer and I try to fix it...sloooooowly.

I hate cult.

I hate most antags that can and will kill because there a risk of cutting my RP with my friends.

I can't play antag because I am worried that people will get bored.

I once cried for half an hour when a good friend said they were leaving the server and killing their character.

I left the server for 2 months because the community made me hate the game.

I love scary events, without killers or anything, just spooks and things like that.

I love all of you, but I also hate you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I just want to ban people that are negative and don't contribute anything. Even if they haven't explicitly broken any rules.

I'm aware that other servers have a rule similar to this, I just don't feel comfortable as it sets a new precedent and there is always the chance I'm unfair.

Some of you people make me wonder why you exist, but for the most part, you're okay.

I think people that play purely for combat should be looking for another game.

I have considered leaving a few times. Sometimes a case I handle can really be a bit too much.

When people say what we do isn't much and easy, I'm tempted to post some of the more gruesome stuff we've had to handle.

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

I only play this game nowadays when I'm drunk.

Spoiler

I don't know how to play anymore with how all the servers have changed mechanically, and feel insecure of my newfound inability.

Spoiler

Sometimes I get depressed when I play this game because I remember a bunch of friends OOCly and characters ICly who aren't around anymore.

• 2 weeks later...